Cornell Units frequently encounter federal, state, and local tax issues while conducting business activities. The University Tax Office provides guidance and training to units on these issues. The Tax office is also responsible for the following:

  • Determining whether payments are taxable, reportable, and subject to withholding.
  • Preparing Cornell's information returns (990s), income tax returns (990Ts), tax documents reporting U.S. income subject to withholding for foreign nationals (1042s), and sales tax returns.
The Tax office does not provide guidance or advice to individual tax payers. Contact your tax advisor.